Aegisub Tutorial and Combining subtitle with video
Still remember my Tutorial How to add text to video with Adobe Premiere pro 1.5? I said that is NOT SUITABLE for put many text such subtitle. It hard work to save more than 70 text like what I did with my Cutey Tsuney Video subtitling tutorial.
Now… I found the way to creating subtitling that easier than using Adobe Premiere Pro. (So sorry if it already common way to subtitling)
This is tutorial step by step to creating hardsub or subtitling video that already combine with the video. If you want to make soft subbing (Using srt file), just skip combining srt file tutorial.
(CLICK IMAGE TO MAKE IT BIGGER)
1. Software that you MUST have:
Making Subtitling Tutorial
You can read Detailed tutorial at Aegisub tutorial to subtitling video for beginner
1. Prepare your AVI video. I’m using Saint Beast Kabaret Battle Dancing
2. Open Aegisub and open your video. Video -> Open
3. This is Aegissub layout. Hope you can understand the interface with my explanation
4. Find your subtitle position. The line will be show you exact coordinate. Pick at the center of the video and double click it. The code will be appear on the text area (subtitling code area). This is my example.
5. Start Typing your subtitling. How to manage color, font face etc similar with Microsoft Windows. Press Commit every time you finish editing your text timeline or text property.
6. Save your work. Aegis Sub will save your work as *.ass file.
7. If you want *.srt file for example, you can File->export subtitle (SAVE AS YOUR ASS FILE with another name BEFORE DO THIS, so U will have back up file of your subs file in case U make mistake exporting file)
8. Press Export and pick your desired subtitling file type
9. Make the video file name same with your srt file name. For example, if your video name is SaintBeast.Avi, so your srt file must be SaintBeast.srt (case sensitive)
Making Hardsub Tutorial (combining text into your video)
1. Do a full install of VobSub and all the other downloads.
2. Find VSFilter at Aegisub folder and use it as a VirtualDub filter. Just copy it to the VirtualDub plugins folder and rename the .dll to .vdf. The filter will then be available as “TextSub“.
3. Open up VirtualDubMod and then go to File -> Open your AVI file. If it gives a message about VBR then click “NO”
4. Then click on Video–>Filters–>Add now here- depending on your subtitle file format- if your subs are in srt, sub(text), smi, ssa format then click on textsub. Then click OK and OK again.
5) Now go to Video–>Full Processing Mode.
7) Finally go to File–> Save As and save your combined .avi file
I’m using this for giving English translation for my masquerade video. So sorry for low quality video. I made mistakes when compressed it with SUPER SOFTWARE
If you have any question, pls feel free to ask
Special thx to : (this forum help me to learn)
Incoming search terms:
- aegisub tutorial (226)
- aegisub hardsub tutorial (66)
- tutorial aegisub (32)
- hardsub tutorial (27)
- aegisub vobsub (17)
- aegisub (16)
- aegisub premiere (13)
- aegisub export video (12)
- hardsub aegisub (11)
- how to save aegisub video (7)